HOW TO MAKE 💫
1) BASE: In a food processor or high speed blender pulse the following ingredients until well combined.
– 1 cup almond meal
– ½ cup oats (use GF oats if needed)
– 1 tbsp maple syrup
– 2 tbsp almond butter
– ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
– Pinch of salt
2) Press down the base mixture into a lined baking tin and bake in a preheated oven on 180 degrees C for 15 mins.
3) COCONUT FILLING:
In a bowl combine the following ingredients:
– 1 cup shredded or dedicated coconut
– 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
– 2 tbsp honey
– 1 tbsp almond meal
– a dash of almond milk to combine
4) Once the biscuit base is cooked & cooled top with the coconut mixture and spread evenly. Place in the freezer for 10-15 mins.
– Combine ⅓ cup melted coconut oil with ¼ cup cacao powder & 1 tbsp maple syrup in a small jar or bowl.
– Gently pour the chocolate over the coconut mixture and return to the freezer for at least 1 hour before removing and slicing.