HOW TO MAKE:
1) BASE: In a food processor or high speed blender pulse the following ingredients until well combined.
– 1 cup almond meal
– ½ cup oats (use GF oats if needed)
– ½ cup coconut flakes
– 1 tbsp maple syrup
– 2 tbsp peanut caramel (loving earth) or regular PB
– ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
– Pinch of salt
2) Press down the base mixture into a lined baking tin and bake in a preheated oven on 180 degrees C for 12 mins.
– Place 10 medjool dates in boiling water for 5 mins or until soft.
– Add the soft dates, 3 tbsp of coconut cream, 1 tbsp of maple syrup & a pinch of salt to your food processor and pulse until well combined. (You may need to add a little bit of hot water to help blend).
– Set aside until the biscuit base is cooked & cooled.
4) Once the biscuit base is cooked & cooled pour the caramel mixture on to the base and spread evenly. Place in the freezer for 10-15 mins.
– Combine ⅓ cup melted coconut oil with ¼ cup cacao powder and 1 tbsp of coconut cream in a small jar or bowl.
– Gently pour the chocolate over the caramel layer and return to the freezer for at least 2 hours before removing and slicing.