You will need:
– 1 packet pasta of choice (I used GF spirals from @pastaromaau)
– Olive oil
– 3 heaped tbsp buckwheat flour
– 1.5 cups almond milk or milk of choice
– 1 tbsp mustard
– 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
– Salt & pepper
– 1 carrot, grated
– 2 handfuls chopped spinach
– 1 handful chopped shallots
– 1 large tin of tuna or 4-5 small tins (I used a mix of small tins, spring water, olive oil & chilli)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Begin by grating the carrot & chopping the spinach and shallots, set aside.
- Now, cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, start making your sauce by heating 3 tbsp of olive oil on a pan. Once hot add 3 tbsp of buckwheat flour and whisk with a fork until combined. Turn the heat down to medium and add the almond milk and mustard, whisk to combine. Add the nutritional yeast & whisk. Take the pan off the heat and let it sit.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to a baking dish with the chopped veggies.
- Add the tuna and then mix through the sauce.
- Top with extra shallots & nutritional yeast.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 mins until browned on top.
- Serve alone or with a side salad!