GLUTEN, DAIRY & NUT FREE
This is such a yummy slice and so easy to make – I have used ingredients to keep the slice gluten and dairy free but feel free to change up any of the ingredients to what you have in the cupboard!
You will need:
- 4 GF (or regular) crushed weet-bix
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour or any flour of your choice
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup puffed rice – if you don’t have puffed rice you could add another weet-bix or any other cereal of your choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup greek style yogurt (I used Meredith dairy goats yogurt to keep it DF)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl – crushed weet-bix, flour, coconut, puffed rice and baking powder.
- Melt coconut oil in a small bowl, then add the greek yogurt and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix to combine.
- Spread mixture out evenly into a lined baking dish and top with extra coconut.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180 degrees celsius for 15-20 mins or until slice starts to brown and the edges begin to crisp up.
- Let cool and serve, enjoy for morning or afternoon tea.