Super sweet, crunchy and such a yummy healthy snack that’s packed with superfoods! Enjoy as mid morning/afternoon or even top your yogurt with this easy to make maple quinoa brittle!
You will need
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- pink salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl – quinoa, almonds, oats, chia seeds, coconut sugar, shredded coconut and salt.
- Whisk melted coconut oil & maple syrup together in a separate bowl and then add it to the dry ingredients. Stir until completely mixed together.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 mins, keeping an eye on the brittle so that it doesn’t burn. Brittle is ready when the colour is golden brown and the edges start to darken.
- Let the brittle cool completely before breaking it into bite size pieces.