I had some cookies like this in NY and they were so yum so I decided to try to recreate them back home. They turned out so well, maybe even better than the ones I had when I was away!! These no bake coconut choc chip cookies are so easy to make and I love that you just roll them out and pop them in the freezer! Let me know if you give them a go!
You will need
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 medjool dates
- Pinch of pink salt
- Chopped dark chocolate
- Soak medjool dates in a small bowl of hot water while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Combine almond meal, coconut, coconut oil, vanilla and salt in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Remove the dates from the water and add to the food processor/blender with the other ingredients.
- Pulse the ingredients until combined, this might take a few goes. I had to stop a few times, mix the ingredients and blend again. This mixture should be combined but still have a few chunks.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor/blender and mix in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Roll into balls and flatten. Set in the freezer for about 15 mins.
- I have stored mine in the freezer but they would also be fine stored in the fridge!