Christmas rocky road… yes please!! This recipe is really easy to make.. all you need to do is mix everything together in one bowl & place it in the freezer to set!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 heaped tbsp nut butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup mixed nuts of your choice
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Combine the melted coconut oil, cacao powder, nut butter, maple syrup and sea salt together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add the chopped nuts, coconut flakes and cranberries and mix until everything is coated in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin, spreading it out evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Place the slab in the freezer to set for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Once set, remove the slab from the tin and cut into pieces with a sharp knife.
- Store in the freezer.
Nut free version
I know that nut allergies are very common! (my boyfriend is anaphylactic to many nuts!) so if you would like to make this recipe without nuts all you need to do is replace the nuts for rice puffs, quinoa flakes or raw buckwheat and remove the nut butter!