ONE THE TENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS GE GAVE TO ME… A HONEY ROASTED PUMPKIN SALAD
A simple, delicious Christmas salad that everyone will love!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pink salt
- 800 g chopped pumpkin
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup crumbled goats cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Combine chopped pumpkin, olive oil, honey & cinnamon in a bowl and toss to cover the pumpkin in the flavours
- Transfer the pumpkin onto a lined baking tray and bake in preheated oven for about 30 mins
- Whilst pumpkin is cooking, prepare your salad ingredients: wash spinach, chop avocado & goats cheese, prepare cranberries
- Once pumpkin is cooked, let cool and then assemble the salad
- When assembling the salad start with spinach, add the roasted pumpkin, chopped up avocado & sprinkle with cheese and cranberries
- Serve as a yummy side dish this Christmas!!
PS. toasted pine nuts would also be delicious on this salad but this time I kept it nut free for my partner!