This idea is so easy and quick to put together and makes a fabulous homemade gift idea. Even though it’s an easy exercise, the jars look so beautiful when all done! This is also super affordable gift and you can make a massive batch that will be enough for lots of gifts for all your loved ones… I have linked below where I got everything from. Hope you enjoy putting these together!!
You will need:
- 1kg Epsom salts (I bought from the chemist – link here to the ones I got)
- 2 cups pink Himalayan rock salt
- 2.5 cups dried flowers from Naked Foods
- Essential oils of your choice. I made 3 scents: Peppermint, Lavender & Sweet Orange. I just bought these from Kmart to keep the cost affordable (link to oils)
- Jars to store/gift the salts in – also bought these from Kmart (link to jars)
- Ribbon or brown paper bags for gifting
- Combine the epsom salt, pink salt and dried flowers in a large bowl or container
- Separate the combined salts equally into 3 separate bowls – or however many scents you are creating
- Add a few drops of essential oils to each bowl and give the salt a good mix so that the smell goes through the whole bowl
- Spoon out the mixture into the small jars and either tie with some Christmas ribbon or put the jar in a small brown paper bag for gifting!
Here are some images of how I gifted my jars.. with ribbon and in paper bags: