ON THE SECOND DAY OF CHRISTMAS GE GAVE TO ME… THE PERFECT SIDE DISH OF ROASTED SWEET POTATO & BRUSSEL SPROUTS
So many yummy flavours in this side dish… perfect with that Christmas ham or turkey! Or even as a delicious veg option!
You will need
- 1 large sweet potato
- 500g Brussel sprouts
- A drizzle of garlic oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Chilli flakes (to your liking)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Trim Brussel sprouts by cutting off the little brown end and cut in half. Steam brussels sprouts in microwave for 1 min 30 secs and transfer to a lined baking dish.
- Wash and chop sweet potato. Add to the baking dish with brussels.
- Drizzle brussels and sweet potato with garlic oil (IBS option). If you prefer you could chop some fresh garlic, add it to some olive oil and drizzle over the veggies.
- Sprinkle veggies with cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, paprika, chilli flakes and salt.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and stoss the veggies to coat in the spices.
- Roast in preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes. The veggies are done when they are browned and crispy.
- Whilst veggies are in the oven, toast pine nuts on low heat until browned.
- When veggies are cooked, remove from baking tray and serve hot in a bowl topped with toasted pine nuts.