With halloween tomorrow I though it would be a fun idea to try a new recipe using some pumpkin as the base. At first I was making cookies but they ended up turning out to be a little bit more like a scone… but certainly wasn’t worried that they didn’t go to plan because they were so delicious!! I sliced them down the middle and popped some peanut butter on top and yummmm… soo good! A fun little healthy treat to make this halloween!
You will need
- 1 & 1/2 cups diced pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- A few cracks of pink salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray.
- Steam and mash the diced pumpkin (instructions below).
- Combine mashed pumpkin, egg, coconut sugar, maple syrup and almond butter in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to the wet mixture and combine until a stick dough forms.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon out mixture onto the lined baking tray until all the mixture has been used, then sprinkle with extra coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 mins.
- Add coconut flour to the cooked scones for decoration and serve warm with some peanut butter or honey!
Note: I made 9 medium sized scones with this recipe but it would perfectly make 6 larger ones if you evened out the mixture!
Steaming in the microwave: Place pumpkin in a microwave oven safe dish, cover with boiling water and put the lid on. Microwave on high for 5 mins. Drain excess water and then mash pumpkin until smooth.