I was having coffee with a friend the other day & noticed this delicious looking loaf in the coffee shop cabinet… instead of buying a piece I was determined to go home and make my own version! So here we have my creation of a yummy and wholesome banana, date and coconut loaf that is gluten and dairy free! Hope you enjoy it!
Please share your re-creations with me on instagram @ge.healthylife !
you will need:
- 2 bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 5 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Pink salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Roughly chop dates and soak them in a small bowl of hot water whilst you prepare the other ingredients
- Combine wet ingredients in a mixing bowl – bananas, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl – buckwheat flour, almond meal, cinnamon, baking powder, coconut flakes and salt
- Remove dates from water and add to the wet mixture
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and gently mix together
- Pour mixture into a lined baking tin and top with extra coconut flakes or banana
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 mins
- Once cooked through and browned on top, let cool and serve!