Chocolate and coconut are such a delicious combo. This slice is super chocolatey, creamy and makes for the perfect mid morning or afternoon treat. I have never baked with Weetbix before but this slice has made me realise how versatile they are, adding an extra crunch to the slice and a bit of a different flavour! I highly recommend giving this recipe a go if your looking for something a bit different and super yummy.
Please share your re-creations with me on instagram @ge.healthylife !
You will need
For the slice:
- 5 crushed Weetbix (I used GF Weetbix but feel free to use the normal ones!)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt (I use Meredith dairy goats greek yogurt)
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener or sweetener of your choice (e.g. coconut sugar, brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk
For the icing:
- 1 can coconut cream or milk
- 1 heaped tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut syrup or sweetener of your choice (e.g. maple syrup, honey)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Combine ingredients for the slice in a bowl: crushed Weetbix, cacao powder, coconut oil, greek yogurt, almond meal, shredded coconut, monk fruit sweetener, egg and almond milk.
- Stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a lined baking tray and press down firmly to spread mixture out.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 mins, until a knife comes out clean.
- Once the slice has baked and cooled, scoop out the thick/creamy part of the coconut milk/cream and transfer to a bowl (save the rest in a jar and keep in the fridge for more baking!)
- Add cacao powder and sweetener to the coconut cream and mix to form a whipped icing.
- Spread the icing evenly over the slice and top with some cacao nibs or coconut flakes.
- Once the icing has set (can place in the fridge to help it set quicker) cut the slice into pieces.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge & enjoy!