Who doesn’t love pasta?? I absolutely love a good pasta but a lot of the time, the heavy pasta and creamy sauces/cheese don’t sit well in my stomach. So here is a twist on your classic bolognese, that’s also light on your tummy !!
you will need:
- 3 cups of uncooked buckwheat pasta (you can buy this from coles in the health food section)
- 1/3 of a bottle of passata sauce (if needed)
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 2 cups of pre cooked Bolognese mixture (recipe here)
- Extra nutritional yeast to top
- Goats cheese to top
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and transfer to a baking dish
- Mix together the pasta, bolognese mixture, extra passata sauce (if needed) and the nutritional yeast
- Top with extra nutritional yeast and goats cheese (or normal cheese if you would prefer)
- Bake in the oven on 200 degrees celsius for 20-30 mins until hot and crispy
- Enjoy as a delicious dinner or lunch with a side salad – yum!
- This can easily be made vegetarian/vegan: skip the bolognese mixture and use 1 whole bottle of passata sauce and extra nutritional yeast
- Feel free to use any pasta you like, I just prefer buckwheat pasta
- Feel free to use mozzarella/shredded tasty cheese instead of nutritional yeast and goats cheese if you have no problems with dairy
- Lastly… ENJOY, this is a good one!