Delicious side salad, perfect for a BBQ night, or make this up for the week and have it for lunch with your choice of protein!
You will need:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups chopped pumpkin
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp of each: paprika, cumin, cinnamon
- 1/2 of an avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp goats cheese
- Small handful coriander
- Lemon & olive oil to dress
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add 1 cup of uncooked quinoa to 2 cups of water in a saucepan on the stove. Let cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Whilst quinoa is cooking, chop pumpkin and season with coconut oil and spices. Bake in preheated oven until cooked through (about 30-40 mins).
- Once quinoa is cooked, remove from saucepan and let cool. Once pumpkin is cooked, remove from oven and let cool.
- Combine cooled quinoa and pumpkin in a bowl, top with avocado, goats cheese and coriander.
- To make the dressing combine 1/2 the juice of 1 lemon with 2 tbsp of olive oil. I suggest adding the dressing as you eat the salad to save it from going soggy.
- Enjoy cold or slightly warmed in the microwave as a side dish or with your choice of protein.