Full credit to my little sis for this recipe, she’s come up with this recipe that everyone in my family is loving, so I had to share it with you all! Chocolate and crunchy peanut butter in a bite-size treat – could it get any better?? Hope you enjoy these yummy treats just as much as I have! Don’t forget to tag me in your re-creations #bakingwithge on Instagram @ge.healthylife !
You will need:
For the base
- 2 cups oats
- 3 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 3 heaped tbsp honey (change to rice malt syrup for a vegan option)
for the filling
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
for the chocolate topping
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine oats, peanut butter (just the 3 tbsp) and honey in a bowl until you get a sticky consistency. You may need to add more honey.
- Grease a mini cupcake tin with coconut oil. Firmly press the mixture down into each cupcake hole so it holds together and make a little dent in the top of each cup.
- Freeze for 10 mins or until cups are firm.
- Whilst cups are in the freezer, melt the peanut butter (in the microwave or on the stove)
- Once frozen, pour melted peanut butter into the middle of each cup and freeze for another 10 mins or until firm.
- Whilst cups are in the freezer, begin to make the chocolate topping. Melt coconut oil and then add cacao powder and maple syrup, mix to combine.
- Once frozen, spoon the chocolate topping on top of the frozen bites and set in the freezer until the chocolate has set.
- Remove from cupcake tins once chocolate is set and store in the freezer.
- Enjoy as a mid-afternoon snack or a delicious dessert option!