Are you on the hunt for an easy and quick lunch idea to prepare but also something super yummy and satisfying? I’ve got you covered! This blog post gives you my go to easy lunch recipe that I like to prepare on a Sunday for the week ahead. I have been eating this same lunch combination (changing up the source of protein each week) for a few months now and I absolutely love it! Let’s call it my healthy wholesome bowl of goodness!
If I am working I will put everything together in a container the night before, pop it in the fridge overnight and then add my dressing/toppings in the morning and take it to work. If I’m home for lunch I will just put all the ingredeints together when I’m ready to eat.
A big handful of spinach or kale, or a mix of both. If I’m home I will sauté the kale but if not I juast have it fresh!
I change this up each week but some of my favourites are:
- Chicken, turkey or pork mince cooked in sesame oil and tamari
- Breast chicken diced and cooked in sesame oil and tamari
- Turkey meatballs – turkey mince mixed with salt, pepper and herbs, rolled into balls, flattened and cooked in olive oil
- Roast pork – usually only if there is leftovers from a baked dinner
I cook these on a Sunday and leave in the fridge for the week.
- Sweet potato or pumpkin baked in the oven with olive oil, turmeric and cinnamon
I cook these veggies up on a Sunday and leave in the fridge for the week.
- Avocado is my go to – I add 1/4 of avocado to this lunch for a yummy source of healthy fats
- Hemp seed oil
- Hemp seeds
- Tahini (take this in a small container if your heading to work & add after you have heated)
- Pink himalayan salt
I heat up the protein and carbs and then add it the wholesome bowl, then top with my toppings!