The other night I had some leftover bolognese mince to use up! Instead of throwing it out, I popped it into a baking dish.. boiled and mashed some sweet potato and then placed this on top of the mince. It was delicious and made the best winter dinner. Here’s how you can make it from scratch if you don’t have any leftover mince.
You will need
- 500g organic grass-fed beef mince
- 1 large grated carrot
- 1 large grated zucchini
- 1 bottle Passata sauce
- Garlic oil
- Italian herbs
- 1 medium sweet potato
- Goats Cheese
how to make
- Wash, peel and chop sweet potato. Place in boiling water on the stove and let boil until soft.
- Whilst the sweet potato is boiling, cook mince in garlic oil on a pan
- Whilst mince is now cooking: grate carrot and zucchini
- Once cooked, add carrot and zucchini mince and mix through
- Add tomato passata, paprika, italian herbs and chilli to your mince mixture and mix together. Add as much or as little of these as you like!
- Drain and mash your sweet potato
- Place cooked mince mixture into a baking tray and top with mashed sweet potato
- Top with goats cheese or cheese of your choice and bake in oven on 180 degrees for 20 mins, until golden and crispy on top!