GF & DF
One thing I remember having in my lunch box at school was Madeira Cake! If you can relate and you know what I’m talking about you will love this recipe. A great idea to make this up for the week as an easy snack to take to school or work… think lemon and coconut flavours paired together in a fluffy and moist cake! I like to eat a piece on it’s own but it would be also delicous with some honey or butter on it, or maybe even toasted and warm, yum!
You will neeD:
- 1/2 almond meal
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Combine dry ingredients except coconut flakes into a mixing bowl.
- Crack eggs into a separate bowl and whisk together with a fork.
- Add remaining wet ingredients to the eggs and mix to combine.
- Add your wet mixture to the dry mixture and gently mix together.
- Fold in shredded coconut.
- Pour mixture into a lined baking tin and bake in preheated oven for 40 mins.
- Poke a knife into the centre of the loaf after 40 mins and if the knife comes out clean, it’s ready!
- Cool before cutting and store in an airtight container.
share your re-creations with me #bakingwithge