Not only are chia seeds a super nutritious food, but so versatile and can be used in so many delicious recipes! Try them baked in this yummy raspberry jam and coconut slice.
This slice is Gluten, Dairy, Refined Sugar & also Nut Free! My boyfriend is actually allergic to nuts, and so many of my recipes contain nuts (sorry Kieran) so unfortunately he is not able to eat them… so I am so excited to be able to create a recipe that he can now taste test and enjoy!!
For the base
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
FOR THE RASPBERRY JAM
- 2.5 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
for the topping
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Prepare a sqaure baking tray with baking paper.
- Place raspberries in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook the raspberries, stirring occasionally until they break down. Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds and lemon juice. Set aside to cool.
- Using a fork, whisk together the coconut oil, coconut ugar and egg for the base layer. Stir in the flour. Spread out the mixture over the base of the prepared tray.
- Spread the raspberry mixture over the top of the base layer.
- Using a fork, whisk eggs for the topping. Stir in the coconut flakes and coconut sugar. Spoon mixture over the raspberry mixture. Sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 mins, until the top is golden.
- Set aside to cool completely before cutting.
- Store in the fridge or freezer!