I love a good bolognese. But, I have found that there is usually so much garlic and onion in bolognese recipes and this really upsets my stomach, making me feel quite unwell. So… I have created my own version that is dairy free, gluten free and IBS friendly! Using my own herbs, spices and flavours this bolognese recipe is perfect for those who have the same issues with their tummys! I have noted why I use specifc ingredients below. Please feel free to make this recipe even if you don’t have IBS issues!!
You will need:
- 500g organic grass fed beef mince (I highly recommend using organic and grass fed, I have found this is the only type of mince that doesn’t cause me any issues!)
- 1 large grated carrot
- 1 large grated zuchinni
- 1 bottle Passata sauce (I get the one that only has tomatoes in it, no other ingredeints such as garlic)
- Garlic oil (instead of garlic)
- Italian herbs
- Buckwheat spirals (these are my favourte GF pasta alternative)
- Goats Cheese (I dont eat cow’s dairy so this is my cheese alternative)
- Cook mince in garlic oil on a pan
- While mince is cooking: grate carrot and zuchinni
- Once cooked, add carrot and zuchinni to mince and mix through
- Boil water and cook pasta as per packet instructions
- Add tomato passta, parika, italian herbs and chilli to your mince mixture and mix together. Add as much or as little of these as you like! Let simmer on medium heat until pasta is cooked.
- Once pasta is cooked, serve bolognese and pasta in a bowl and top with cheese!