Colder nights call for warm meals and curry is definitely my go to. Yes you can create your own curries using different spices (which I have done before), but I prefer to use a 100% natural curry paste that tastes amazing and makes the whole cooking process 10 x quicker and easier. Next time your craving something warm and hearty for dinner, give this recipe a go & let me know what you think!
The brand of curry paste I use is called ayam (link below). In this particular curry I used the Massaman paste, this is my favourite one. I have also used the Green and Yellow pastes. I buy these from either Maloneys Grocer, Coles or Woolworths. I have attached a picture below of the paste & the ingredients. You can see that the ingredients are all natural with no nasties!
what you will need:
- 1 jar of ayam curry paste
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 can coconut milk
- Diced chicken breast – I use about 1kg (you can use any protein you like or add more veggies and make the curry vegetarian)
- Vegetables of your choice – I like to add broccolini, capsicum, beans, zucchini
Note: I make this recipe for 5-6 people, so if you are only cooking for 2-3 people then you may want to half the ingredients!
how to make the curry:
- Heat up curry paste in a wok/frypan until it starts to bubble and becomes fragrant.
- Add diced chicken, coating it in the sauce.
- Once chicken is cooked through, add coconut cream and coconut milk, mixing it all together.
- Let curry sit and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes while you prepare your veggies.
- Add veggies and let them cook through and soak up all the curry juices/flavours.
- Serve hot with rice or on its own!
If I am working from home I like to make this curry at lunch time and then let it sit and simmer all afternoon. I find the flavours are more fragrant and the curry becomes a bit thicker. I will prepare all of the veggies at lunch time & then cook them just before dinner. You can then add the veggies to the curry or just leave them aside for everyone to add to their bowls with their curry and rice!
Enjoy this delicious meal & share your creations with me! #bakingwithge