These little bundles of chocolate are such an easy recipe to take to your easter celebrations this year that everyone will love! A healthier version of your favourite chocolate crackles as they are filled with antioxidants from the cacao and healthy fats from the almond butter! Definitely a guilt-free treat this easter!
Enjoy & make sure to tag me in your creations! #bakingwithge
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup puffed spelt
- 1 cup rice bran cereal
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 heaped tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp rice malt
How to make:
- Combine coconut flakes, puffed spelt & rice bran cereal in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil, almond butter, cacao powder & rice malt syrup in a saucepan on low heat until combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture on top of dry ingredients and mix to combine and cover the dry ingredients in chocolate.
- Spoon out mixture into muffin tins (bendy/rubber ones work best as it’s easier to pop the nests our after)
- Top each nest with desiccated coconut and some chopped chocolate! I used loving earth’s Mr Nutty Maple flavour.
- Pop in the freezer to set for about half an hour.
- Store in the freezer & indulge with your family and friends this easter!