The perfect dinner served with some salad, prepare this slice for lunches or even breakfast for the week! So many options with one delicious meal!
I was asked to make a zucchini slice when nannying the other day & when it came out of the oven it smelt amazing, I wished I could’ve eaten a piece. But unfortunately it had a lot of cheese in it and dairy upsets my stomach. So I decided to create my own dairy free & gluten free version, as well as adding sweet potato for some extra bulk! This is a super light but fulfilling lunch or dinner idea, also very easy to put together! #bakingwithge
What you will need:
- 2 large zucchini grated & excess liquid removed
- 1 medium sized sweet potato grated (about 335g)
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup leek chopped
- 5 eggs whisked
- Salt & Pepper
- Goats cheese to top OR Feta (non DF option)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Grate zucchini and sweet potato, chop leek.
- Add grated zucchini, grated sweet potato, chopped leek, nutritional yeast, flour and salt/pepper into a bowl (separate to eggs) and mix to combine.
- Add whisked egg and continue to mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into a lined baking tray and top with some goats cheese.
- Place in the oven for 35-40 mins until fully cooked through and slightly browned on top.
- Cut into slices and serve!