Still enjoying homemade pizza night with the fam just with my healthy version!
You will need:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 egg
- ½ cup almond meal
- Salt & pepper
- Italian herbs
- Peel, chop & boil sweet potato until soft, mash to create a sweet potato mash
- Mix mashed sweet potato with egg, almond meal, salt, pepper & Italian herbs (TIP: have your sweet potato pre-mashed & cooled so that you aren’t making the base with hot potato. It will still work but I have found it works better when the potato is cool)
- Spoon mixture onto a lined baking tray. Place a sheet of baking paper on top of mixture & lightly press down to spread mixture out evenly. You can make the base as thick or as thin as you like. This mixture should make 2 large or 3 small bases.
- Place in the oven & bake at 200 degrees for about 15 mins – until edges are crispy
- Take out of the oven & top pizza base with toppings of your choice. I love lots of veges & goats cheese.
- Place back into the oven or into a pizza maker & bake until your cheese is melted & your pizza is nice & crispy!