Stretching after a workout is so important & something I always make sure to do.
It helps me cool down & has helped improve my flexibility, as well as reduce any tightness in my muscles. Here are 10 more reasons why you should be stretching:
- Decreased your stress levels
- Reduced pain & stiffness after a workout
- Improve your health & wellbeing
- Enhance your range of motion
- Improve how your muscles function
- Reduce the risk of injuries
- Enhance your performance
- Improve blood flow & circulation within your body
- Minimise any wear and tear on your joints
- Improve quality of life!!
Here’s a little snippet of how I like to stretch out my body. I don’t follow any exact ‘routine’ – I just start from the bottom & work my way up! I hold each stretch until I feel like it’s been stretched enough.