Gluten, dairy & refined sugar free!
Sticky date muffins & butterscotch sauce… yes please! Sticky date has always been a favourite dessert of mine, but with such a sensitive stomach eating the real deal sticky date pudding leaves me in too much pain & discomfort. When a friend showed me this recipe a while back I was so excited to give it a go & tweak to suit my needs – so a big thanks to my girl Ashling!! Here is a much healthier version that will leave you feeling satisfied but not sick!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Soak 10 pitted dates in 1 & 1/4 cups of boiling water for 5 mins
- Blend your soaked dates & water in a food processer until smooth
- Then add:
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend for a minute until smooth
- Transfer mixture into a bowl and add 1.5 cups GF flour of your choice ( I like buckwheat or brown rice flour) – combine well
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake for 20 mins
Combine the following ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat for 5 mins – whisk occasionally & let the mixture bubble.
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Drizzle your sauce onto cooked muffins & serve with some ice cream or coconut yogurt!