These rissoles are so versatile & can be used in so many ways! On burgers, wraps or even on their own with some salad or veggies. A really good idea to cook up a big batch of these & store them in the fridge for a couple of days. Pull them out & re-heat as you need. I love to cook up the rissoles for dinner & have them with some salad, then the next day I will use the leftovers on a wrap for lunch, so yummy!
I found these delicious coconut wraps at my grocer (will link them below) which are perfect toasted with the rissoles, some spinach & avocado!
You will need:
- 500g organic grass fed beef mince
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp goats cheese
- 2 handfuls of chopped shallots OR 1/2 finely diced onion (I use shallots as I have an irritable bowel, onion tends to give me bad stomach flares)
- 1 grated carrot
- Handful of chopped coriander (can use any herb or spice if you don’t like coriander!)
1. Place your mince in a large bowl & add your diced onion/shallots, grated carrot, chopped coriander & goats cheese
2. Mash and mix ingredients with a fork
3. Add your egg to bind mixture together (use your hands to mix – much easier!)
4. Use your hands to roll mixture into round balls and flatten
5. Spray your pan with some coconut oil & cook on both sides until browned!